MiVADiKA logo MiVADiKA logo
Home Communications Hardware Video Games Software Cool Stuff Other Forum eshop

Go Back   MiVADiKA > Video Games > PC Games
Connect with Facebook
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 12:59 AM
MiVADiKA newbie

Wireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

Alright, I'm not sure if anyone owns an Xbox 360, or uses one at this forum. However, the other day, while playing video games on my 360, I came across some valuable information. If you have ever been looking to go wireless with an Xbox 360 this may help you out. You may have realized the very high cost of wirelss 360 use. The adaptor for wireless is $80+ and of course you will need a wireles router (about $30), aswell. However, while I was playing Gears of War, a popular game on the 360, I was told if you already had a laptop (with a wireless adaptor), you would not need to purchase an Official Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor. Instead, he claimed, he used his Laptop to output, or rather, split, the wireless signal to the Xbox 360. To do this you must have a laptop recieving wireless internet, and an ethernet cable. Plug the ethernet cable from the laptops port to the Xbox 360's so they are connected, sharing a connection. Now all you have to do is go to (on your laptop, if it is wondows, I'm not sure about Macs) Control Panel -> Network and Internet Connections -> Network Connections find your wireless connection, right click it, and click "Bridge Connections". I was surprised this was so easy, I ran wires all the way from the second floor of my house to the basement so I could get onto Xbox Live, but I would never have if I knew I could use this much easier method instead. However, I'm guessing my wired connection is probably more clear than a wireless connection would have been since my wireless router has a weak signal. I hope this tutorial helps some people out, Good Day.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:39 AM
MiVADiKA newbie

Wireless is set to share, but when I connected the share disconnects my wireless connection.When I test my connection 360 shall obtain the IP address of the testing phase, and I say it is the subnet mask is incorrect or ensure my computer is not using the same IP.Another option is to get on the network adapter cord that allows the link to the wire next to the Xbox 360,the grid,the signal wiring of home and away from other parts of the network.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
MiVADiKA newbie

The wireless router is up stairs and my Laptop and Xbox 360 are downstairs. I have a Builtin Ethernet network card in my mother board and a wireless pci card. I have the ethernet cable running from my 360 to my Laptop. When I test the connection it says it is wired and it tells me to make sure it is not using the same IP address as another device.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
MiVADiKA newbie

Its really one of the Advance thing,Because the Wireless connections has no need to ant Adepter and any other cables so its very good.Here at the very initial stage the 360 IP Address will do work at the testing Phase.Then connect it with the Systems and its Applications.